Why CND PLEXIGEL™?
CND PLEXIGEL™ is a versatile & convenient brush-in-a-bottle gel enhancement system, that provides strength, length and shape for 3+ weeks wear. No Pots. No Tubes. No Mixing. No Mess. Use with CND™ color to provide flawless nails!
What skill level is CND PLEXIGEL™ designed for?
CND PLEXIGEL™ is designed for every professional skill level.
- THE PAINTER: Shaper is a bridge to nail enhancing, with brush-on application.
- THE GO-GETTER: Provides speed and convenience by cutting rebalancing and filing time in half.
- THE ARTISAN: Elevates offering and enhances creativity with crystal clarity.
- How is CND PLEXIGEL™ different than other types of enhancements? CND™ provides enhancement options so the Nail Professional can customize the service to meet client needs based on nail type & lifestyle. CND PLEXIGEL™ offers a convenient and versatile way to add shape and length to nails. CND PLEXIGEL™ is removable. FILL IT – Save cracked nails with wearable patches FIX IT – Repair broken nails SHAPE IT – Plump and shape flat nails BUILD IT – Create customizable length
- What skill level is CND PLEXIGEL™ designed for? CND PLEXIGEL™ is designed for every professional skill level.
- Why CND PLEXIGEL™? CND PLEXIGEL™ is a versatile & convenient brush-in-a-bottle gel enhancement system, that provides strength, length and shape for 3+ weeks wear. No Pots. No Tubes. No Mixing. No Mess. Use with CND™ color to provide flawless nails!
- Is CND PLEXIGEL™ soak-off or removable? CND PLEXIGEL™ is removable. Removal time is approximately 20-30 minutes and can vary based on thickness of product. For efficiency, we recommend reducing the enhancement by 95% using an E-file before wrapping the nail with CND™ OFFLY FAST™ Moisturizing Remover or acetone and a double cotton pad.
- Is CND PLEXIGEL™ 12-Free? CND PLEXIGEL™ was formulated without the following 12 ingredients: Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde resin, Camphor, Xylene, Parabens, Ethyl Tosylamide, Triphenyl Phosphate (TPP), MIT, Animal Derived Ingredients & Gluten
- Is CND PLEXIGEL™ Vegan? CND PLEXIGEL™ is a vegan product formulated without animal derived ingredients.
- Is CND PLEXIGEL™ cruelty-free? CND PLEXIGEL™ was not tested on animals
- Does CND PLEXIGEL™ contain monomers of HEMA? CND PLEXIGEL™ was formulated without free HEMA monomer. Trace amounts of HEMA can be found in ingredients used in CND PLEXIGEL™.
- Is CND PLEXIGEL™ low odor? Yes, although you may note a slight odor from the solvents contained in Bonder and Protector Top Coat.
- Does CND PLEXIGEL™ have similar science as CND™ SHELLAC™ Wear Extender Base Coat? No. CND™ SHELLAC™ Wear Extender Base Coat is designed to have cohesion with CND™ SHELLAC™ Gel Polish. CND PLEXIGEL™ Bonder has cohesion with Shaper and Builder.
- What is the difference between CND PLEXIGEL™ Shaper & Builder? CND PLEXIGEL™ Shaper is a crystal clear brush-on gel enhancement that plumps, smooths and shapes nails. Perfect for natural nail overlays and short length enhancing. Its crystal clear formula is also excellent for nail art!CND PLEXIGEL™ Builder is slightly thicker in viscosity and therefore easier to create longer enhancements that require more apex and architecture.
APPLICATION & USAGE
Should CND PLEXIGEL™ be shaken before use?
It is not necessary to shake Shaper and Builder, however for Bonder and Protector Top Coat we recommend to gently roll the bottle to blend the ingredients as these do contain solvents.
- Does the natural nail need to be filed prior to applying CND PLEXIGEL™? CND PLEXIGEL™ is a gel enhancement system that requires P.R.E.P for proper adhesion. Light shine removal is needed using a 240-grit buffer or medium enhancement E-file bit.P-Perform a manicure R-Remove shine E-Eliminate surface contaminants P-Purify nail plate layers
- Can CND PLEXIGEL™ be worn alone without color? Yes. When used as a complete system, CND PLEXIGEL™ can be worn alone for a clear enhancement. Finish the enhancement with CND PLEXIGEL™ Protector Top Coat for 3+ weeks wear.
- When using CND™ SHELLAC™ Gel Polish over CND PLEXIGEL™, should the top film be removed prior to color application? If the enhancement doesn’t require shaping or finishing, you can apply CND™ SHELLAC™ Gel Polish directly over the top film of the gel.
- Are two layers of CND PLEXIGEL™ Shaper needed? Yes, we recommend two layers for best wear. Apply the first layer thinly (per the Custom Cure protocol) for optimal control of comfort and best adhesion and the second layer as needed for each client.
- Can CND™ SHELLAC™ Top Coat be used over CND PLEXIGEL™ instead of Protector Top Coat? For clear enhancements, we recommend to finish using CND PLEXIGEL™ Protector Top Coat. If using CND™ SHELLAC™ Gel Polish over CND PLEXIGEL™, finish with CND™ SHELLAC™ Original (or DURAFORCE™) Top Coat instead of Protector Top Coat.
- Can nail art mediums (i.e. pigment, glitter, embellishments, etc.) be used with CND PLEXIGEL™? CND PLEXIGEL™ is the perfect base for art. We recommend applying a base enhancement layer of the CND PLEXIGEL™ system (Bonder, Shaper/Builder and Protector Top Coat) before applying art elements. This will protect the integrity of the enhancement during wear. To then add art elements as desired, including embedding and encasing embellishments or blending pigments and additives into CND PLEXIGEL™ on the top layer.
- Is it possible to apply CND PLEXIGEL™ too thin? Yes. If your client experiences cracking or chipping, you may be applying the gel too thin. Try applying an additional layer and ensure to seal the edge of all layers for best wear.
- Could CND™ SHELLAC™ Base Coat be used instead of CND PLEXIGEL™ Bonder? No. To guarantee the longevity of a CND PLEXIGEL™ service, CND PLEXIGEL™ Bonder must be used to anchor the enhancement to the nail and act as an attraction layer during sculpting.
- Can CND PLEXIGEL™ be cured in the CND™ UV Lamp? The CND™ UV Lamp has a beautiful broad distribution of wave length and should do a good job, however since CND™ no longer manufactures the UV Lamp, we did not test it with CND PLEXIGEL™.We recommend the CND™ LED Lamp as top choice for proper curing. CND PLEXIGEL™ was calibrated to properly cure in both of our CND™ LED lamps (closed and open units). If another lamp is used, it might lead to under or over curing and could impact the wear results of the product.
- Can CND PLEXIGEL™ be properly cured with a mini hand-held LED light?Mobile or mini LED lights have a wide range of light output, which makes it difficult to calibrate their effectiveness in proper curing with CND PLEXIGEL™. We recommend using the CND™ LED Lamp that is calibrated to work as a system together with the CND™ Custom Cure protocol to ensure proper and comfortable cure.
- Why do some clients experience heat when curing? CND PLEXIGEL™ is a monomer-rich formula and some clients may experience heat sensitivity. Reference the CND™ Custom Cure protocol.
- What does flash cure do? Flash Cure means to partially cure the gel for 2-3 ‘flashes’ in the CND™ LED Lamp for client comfort and product control. Using the CND™ LED Lamp with button 1 for 2-3 pulses will reduce the output by 50%, which will control the heat sensation. Once the gel is applied to entire hand, cure for one minute using preset button 2B for complete cure.
- Should CND PLEXIGEL™ be shaken before use? It is not necessary to shake Shaper and Builder, however for Bonder and Protector Top Coat we recommend to gently roll the bottle to blend the ingredients as these do contain solvents.
PACKAGING / PRICING
- What is the purpose of the large bottle neck? The CND PLEXIGEL™ bottle was designed specifically for ease of use based on the individual viscosity of each product. The larger bottle neck accommodates the viscosity of the gel, making it easier to remove from the bottle and for portion control with each application.
- What is the purpose of the two different brushes for CND PLEXIGEL™? The length of the brushes has been uniquely adapted to provide an easy application based on their viscosities.The CND PLEXIGEL™ Bonder & Builder feature a short, flat brush for precision placement. The Shaper & Protector Top Coat feature a long, full brush for flow and smooth application.
- How many approximate services per bottle CND PLEXIGEL™? CND PLEXIGEL™ Bonder (15 mL / 0.5 fl. oz.) - 80 Services CND PLEXIGEL™ Shaper (15 mL / 0.5 fl. oz.) - 30 Services CND PLEXIGEL™ Builder (15 mL / 0.5 fl. oz.) - 20 Services CND PLEXIGEL™ Protector (15 mL / 0.5 fl. oz.) - 100 Services
- What is the suggested service price for a CND PLEXIGEL™ Enhancement service? We recommend parity price or slightly higher to traditional gel enhancement offerings. The client receives value and a lower cost per week, since CND PLEXIGEL™ can wear for 3+ weeks.